Why I love my DIY products!
Want to move more into organic, non-toxic cleaning products? I was stumped for a long time, between my notion of greater expense of organic/natural products and time constraints. I’m inspired to to say I’ve broken through the barriers! I am now creating my own cleaning products economically, simply and naturally with my pure essential oils!
- GOOD for my skin and lungs.
- No more rubber gloves for cleaning.
- The emotional lift I get from the oils as I work.
- I chose the scent and can change it up!
- When people say as they walk into my home, “Wow, it smells so NICE in here!”
- Very economical to make–bottles of oils last a long time.
- Not contributing empty plastic bottles to the local landfill.
Three to try:
1.) ALL PURPOSE SPRAY
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 30 drops CPTG essential oil*
- 15 drops each of Lavender and Lemon
- 10 drops each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Wild Orange
- 30 drops OnGuard
- 15 drops each of Grapefruit and OnGuard
Directions: Add ingredients to a 16 oz glass bottle, shake and get cleaning!
2.) GLASS CLEANER
- 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup distilled water
- 8 drops of any citrus oil of your choice
- Wild Orange
- or a combination of the above
Directions: Add ingredients to a 16 oz glass bottle, shake. Shake each time you use them.
3.) SOFT SCRUB
Coat your kitchen sink with a little bit, let it sit for 10 minutes, and gently scrub it clean. It can be used in so many other places too.
- rounded cup baking soda
- cup liquid Castile soap (I like Dr. Bonners unscented)
- 1 tablespoon distilled water
- 8 drops Lemon essential oil
- 5 drops Lime essential oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine baking soda and Castile soap with a wire whisk.
- 2. Stir in water.
- 3. Add essential oils and whisk until smooth. Consistency should be a soft paste.
- 4. Store in an air tight container out of the sun.